Monday, August 29, 2022

Oh man, another quick update!

 


Click the image to hear a brand new song from the TransCat Soundtrack!

Hey, remember the TransCat soundtrack? The one I started talking aobut like... I dunno, 5 years ago? Yeah, I'm still planning it! It has been a slow road. turns out, getting a bunch of musicians on board to one unified project is actually quite time consuming and easy to lose track of! Thank you to everyone who is still on board after me dropping the ball so many times, and i wanna give a SPECIAL thank you to my dear friend Jin Gin for her brand new submission "Like The Wind".

Now, if you're like me and you basically live on the internet, then you miht be aware of "Like The Wind" or as it sometimes also goes by THE MOST MYSTERIOUS SONG ON THE INTERNET! Basically, this song was found on a cassette tape recorded off the radio in Berlin roughly 1983-1984. That was the first and last time anyone ever noted hearing this song. The song title and the artist were NOT mentioned on the air, and to this day, the song's origins are a mystery. The title and much of the lyrics are all guesswork made up by people on the internet.

The investigation has gotten close so many times to unearthing any, ANY information at all, but when it comes down to it, we still don't know a single thing about this song that we didn't know in 1984. We may NEVER know where this song came form, or the mysterious people who performed it.

Many people have done thier own interpretations of this song. That much is not new. What is new is my dear friend Jin's version that she did for the TransCat soundtrack. she really did something special, and I really want you guys to hear it before I get my shit together making this actual soundtrack.

Also, you need to check out the rest of her music because it is all kinds of badass! I am definitely sifting thorugh her discography as we speak for a secondary track to include on this soundtrack. 

Anyway, thank you for indulging me in this quick update!

No comments:

Post a Comment