Saturday, August 27, 2022

MAG West 2022 and some other updates!

 


Check out the full album on Patreon or Facebook

Yo! 
So here we are at MAG West! I came here as a very sudden surprise!
My friend tiger texted me like a week before and made it sound so fun, I could not resist. 
I did not get a table, because I already had to rearrange my work schedule a lot to make it to even 2 of the 3 days. So I resolved to just do the con as a regular attendee. I wrote a whole blog about it on my Patreon. Please go read it, it's not paywalled in any way. I WANT you to see that shit. Drop a dollar in the bucket on the way out if ya feel like it.

Next week I'm going to SF Zinefest.
I can't remember if I announced that officially or not. I got accepted, it's a very exciting time.
In preparation for this event, I finally ordered prints of TransCat #11 and #12. This is their first time in print, since they both came out during the pandemic, and we're only available on Comixology. But now there ain't even no Comixology no more, thank you very much, Jeff Bezos! So for a little while these two issues of TransCat were what YouTube would consider "Lost Media". Well now we have 'em on paper. Like comics USED to be, before everything started going so WRONG for us!

Will I put these comics on the TransCat store? Yes I will!
But Zinefest gets a crack at them first! After Zinefest, they go up on the store.
There is also a super secret special surprise in store for those of you who can make it to Zinefest. something that will not be available in the online shop! If you've seen me at cons before, you know what it is ;-)
If you cannot make it to Zinefest, or ANY conventions on the west coast that I'm likely to be at, don't despair! There IS a way to obtain this mysterious item! Stay tuned, for I shall be revealing the method SOON!

What else is happening?
I'm going to Tacoma Washington for a month. Not a month. Like 3 weeks. Almost a month. It's a work trip, it won't be fun, but I'll MAKE it fun! I worry I'm gonna slow down on my art while I'm there. Or maybe I'll speed up? Who knows. I'm gonna TRY! I'm gonna try my hardest. i won't have my scanner but I'll have my phone. I'll tryin' make shit happen.

Stay tuned cuz I'll for sure have some pictures from Zinefest coming up eventually, plus news about the new TransCat books and possibly even more to come in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment