Monday, July 4, 2022

The TransCat Comics Annual Check-In

 




Wow, yeah, so it's been well over a year since my last update here. I kinda let it all go to shit during the pandemic. And by that i mean the pandemic we're still in, the one that is by no means over, but we're all sorta pretending it's over because our capitalist system simply demands that we get back to business as usual because we were not prepared to deal with a worldwide pandemic, and we'll be goddamned if we're gonna learn a lesson from this at all.

I too am a hypocrite because while I know that there are people still at risk, I am trying my hardest to get back out there and do TransCat things at conventions and stuff again after a long break of 2 years and 8 months. My first outing was back to Fanime. I have a lotta blogs and pictures up on my Patreon and there's actually more to come. The following month I booked it all the way to  Hollywood to take part in Q-Con! Those photos and blogs are still on their way.

The primary reason I wanted to make this post here today was because I wanted to inform everyone that The TransCat Graphic Novel Vol. 1 is officially back in print. You can get it at the usual place. I really let Transcat languish during the pandemic because, well, TransCat kinda thrives at cons. I figured if I wasn't going to cons, there was no point in printing new books. I do well every time I go out, but my online store is not as hopping as I wish it was. So when the book sold out finally, I made no plans to reprint it. I figured you could get it all on Comixology, but now there ain't even a Comixology no more, Thank you very much, Jeff Bezos. So now I gotta re-up all my digital TransCat comics to Amazon comics or whatever it turned into, I dunno, I hate it, guys. I fuckin' hate it here on the internet. Lelz.

Anyway, yeah, so I'm working on that. Issues #1 through #10 are all purchasable in the Para~Somnia shop. Issues #11 and #12 are now considered to be "Lost Media", but worry not, I'll get them printed up soon enough, but hopefully I'll get the digital comics thing up and working again before that. And the reprint of the graphic novel is the cherry on top.

Coming up on the horizon is issue #13. I've literally been working on it since before the pandemic started. Me and my co-author have finally come to an agreement on what we both want out of it, so I finally have some clearance to work. If I can actually get some work donw now between my work schedule, then we'll be sittin' pretty!

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment