Wednesday, May 19, 2021

TransCat Mid-Year Update

 


Ahoy-oh, friendos! God, I cannot believe this year is nearly half over already.
I wish I had more to report on. Sadly, not much has been happening. Most of my big things have been happening on Patreon and Geeky Steven, two places you can go to see weekly comics from me. 
Geeky Steven is free, you can subscribe and see a ton of great content not just form me but many other great, dorky content creators.
Patron tho! You gotta PAY! Well, not all the time. I just recently finished up my Star Trek: Lower Decks fan comic entitled "Fear Itself" at the beginning of May. You can see that one for FREE on my Patreon. you can start on Page 1 here and just keep goin' on until page 17.



As you can see at the very top of the page, i participated in a fun meeting for the Queer Comics Expo over Discord. I had not done ANY online conventions this whole pandemic, cuz it just didn't FEEL right, ya know? I will, however, drop everything to be part of a QCE event. They are VERY good people. Hopefully, with everyone getting vaccinated now, it won't be long before we can do an in-person event again. I've personally elected to wait until 2022 to be go to any conventions, I know they're havin' 'em now. Sac-Anime and Sac-Con have been back for a lil while and if you feel safe and responsible going to them, you totally should. 
I personally am going to wait because I've amassed quite a back catalog of thing I would like to print and bring to the next convention I go to, and I need to afford it, which involves saving up some money, so THAT'S what I resolve to spend the rest of 2021 doing. This will be especially challenging to me because in September my job situation is gonna change up a lot and I'm sure what exactly to expect quite yet, so that's something to look out for. I'm hoping to have an issue #11 and an issue #12 and QUITE POSSIBLY an issue #13 assuming me and Kempo can get our rears in gear and finish that bad boy.

Issues #11 and #12 are available in digital form on Comixology right now, if you just can't wait that long though!

Back to Patreon though! In the past few weeks I've had some new, non-Star Trek comics. More TransCat shorts in fact! Can you believe it? 
These ones are in fact behind my insidious paywall though. don't worry, it's only a dollar pledge, and it opens up the whole dang thing. Please consider it, every little bit helps. Here's some previews to tantalize you further!



 


If you are a student of pop music like I am, perhaps the visual clues in these previews will clue you in to what they might be about. In either case, I hope you are sufficiently titillated, enough at least to wanna drop a dollar a month on seeing far, far more! Because believe you me, more is COMING!

I've also been doing my best to lift up my fellow creators these past few months.
Did you know my good friend Al Neun totally crushed his goddamn Kickstarter for his first graphic novel? Well it happened! And you can get YOUR copy HERE




It was an amazing read, I tore through it in an afternoon. I am super excited for more! 

Transformed is a great series about a trans man Caden, who ALSO come upon a magical item one fateful day that completely transformed his appearance and grants amazing powers! Very much like TransCat, but lets be real, this is a common power fantasy amongst us transes. I keep thinking that a collab between the two of us would be super dope, but we have not figure out exactly how we're gonna do it yet since our stories take place to two pretty distinct time periods. We'll figure it out someday!

Another trans cartoonist I've really started diggin' is Crystal Cat. You can see her Facebook HERE.



She does more comic strip style things instead of longer form stories, but holy guacamole does she do it well. She is just so goddamn consistently funny and i love every new strip she puts out. Again I know what you're thinking, "Transes and cats tho, huh?" Yes, it is another common theme, we all love cats, get over it.

Last I wanna talk about my good friends at Tears for the Dying
You might remember them. They did the song "Go Die" for the TransCat Soundtrack!
Well they've got a couple new singles, a new EP and a whole new album for you to check out now on their Bandcamp!



It's all just amazing stuff and you need to get in on that right the heck now.

I hope to have more new for you soon. In the mean time, please just keep your eyes on the Patreon. That's where all the newest, coolest TransCat stuff is winding up these days. i know it may seem like a big ask to get you all subscribed, especially in such uncertain financial times like these. but a dollar a month is not all that much, and it helps me out so much. Please do consider it, and also keep helping to spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment