Tuesday, September 8, 2026

TransCat at SF ZineFest 2026

 


It was a FUN FILLED weekend with Zaphie and Hazel at SF Zinefest!
This was my FIRST Zinefest as a San Fransisco resident. I missed last year because I was only two weeks out from my FFS recovery, and had just begun a new job, so I had to sit it out, sadly.
So this is a triumphant return, and how fitting that I came with two of the best people I've met since I've been up here :3
We got there a little late, mostly my fault. Gettin' harder and harder to be on time for shit in my old age :3

Zinefest was at a NEW location this year, the Hibernia. A place that I guess USED to be a bank? I'll say one thing it was certainly a PRETTY venue. It was gorgeous actually. White and green marble pillars and counters, big high ceilings and bay windows. wish I'd taken more pictures honestly but I was too busy being cute with Zaphie and surveying the art.

I will say, i miss the Moscone Center. I feel like that venue breathes better. This place got REALLY hot as soon as it full of people. I wanted to wear my hair down but had to put it back up midway through cuz I was suh-WEATIN'! I'm sure Moscone prolly got real 'spensive thought, so I understand seeking an alternate venue

I saw a lotta people I had not seen since before the car crash who were wondering how I've been doing. I was pleased to show the progression of my healing.

We got a lot of great art, and even sold some books of our own!
Tara was representing at the Prism booth and of course we pitched in and lent a hand. Zaphie took to it like a natural. She is a natural born tabler. Girl knows how to hawk merch for real. I hope i'm able to bring her to more shows in the future.

Hazel unfortunately had to bounce early but they had a great time while we were there.
We wound up getting lunch at Falafelland.
We had the bad luck of showing up during THE RUSH, but it was WORTH the wait. There was one man working, the owner. He was multi-tasking like crazy and he still produced top-notch food for us.

Zaphie and I unfortunately had to leave a lil early as well, cuz she was helping to put on a show at Gilman, which is actually where we met in the first place. Buncha bands I did NOT know were playing but it was still very fun. I have to admit, after the con I was pretty tired so I didn't get VERY into the show. I mostly watched on the periphery, or from the concessions table (where Zaphie was stationed).
I feel like in a place like Gilman, my place is NOT in the mosh pit at all since most of the clientele skews pretty young. I would feel like a tool if I shoulder checked an 11 year old in the pit. This isn't a place for me, this is a place for them. I was jsut there to chill with Zaphie and help out.
I DID help out a lil bit, I filled out some membership cards for future use.
But mostly I got to meet Zaphie's work buddies which was a delight and a treasure on it's own. Feels like we're getting closer and I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.

Again, i was mostly having fun, so I did not take a ton of pictures, but I did get a few!





I blurred the faces of the kids in the crowd cuz they did not consent to being posted on my blog.
The performers on the other hand, you should hella know who they are,, and check them out.

The band up top was "A French Project" and the band on bottom is "Moosetrout".
Not pictured: Chrysalis, Big Tractor, Fixxer and Mugslug.

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/a-french-project/1788144112
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/moosetrout/1707981879
https://www.instagram.com/bigtractormusic/
https://fixxerhc.bandcamp.com/album/promo
https://mugslug.bandcamp.com/

I could not find a site for Chrysalis.
There is a DIFFERENT band called Chrysalis that is very prominent and easy to find, but I canont find the band that played that night :(
Sad!

Anyway, it was a great night. We danced a lot and stayed out too late and had such a great, fun time.

I got a new blog on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TransCat/posts/transcat-13-i-pg-168969931

Also, help support Zaphie: https://ko-fi.com/caelestis5231/
Helping her out is also helping ME out :3



No comments:

Post a Comment